Dear Betty. As someone who has admired you my whole life I can’t believe I’ve had the great good fortune to actually meet you and work with you. You’ve given me the most amazing show business advice over the years. I remember the first time we met, I was just a young SNL writer, and you told me, “Never let anyone tell you you’re not good enough - to pose nude.” And I’ve always remembered that. When I met you again years later, I told you that I was thinking of leaving NBC and you said, “You know what? Don’t bite the hand that feeds you - when you’re posing nude. ‘Cause that guy might be a friend of the photographer.” And I took the spirit of that advice, and I stayed put. And when “30 Rock” first started, we were having such a hard time and we thought we were gonna get cancelled, you wrote me the loveliest note. You said, “It’s always darkest before the dawn - which is the best time to pose nude. Because once that bus station opens, the cops are probably gonna kick you out of there.” Actually most of your advice to me has been about posing nude. Anyway. Happy birthday, Betty. I love you, enjoy tonight, and like you always say, “Keep reaching for the stars - ‘cause it really makes those knockers stand at attention!”
Betty White’s 90th Birthday
Pilot Idea | Heirs; Starring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey
A comedy about two sisters, Catherine (Fey) and Kaitlin (Poehler), who inherit an enormous fortune from their aunt (Betty White).
- The two of them decide to act like sassy, rich divas whenever they’re around other people.
- Long story short, they meet two gentlemen who make them forget all about their act.
- Catherine falls for the hammsome doorman.
- While Kaitlin is pleasantly surprised to find out that their accountant makes amazing waffles.
- Hilarity ensues.
- Also starring: Jane Curtin as Kaitlin and Cath’s mother; Gillian Jacobs as their personal stylist; Donald Glover as their personal trainer (who might hook up with their personal stylist) and Mindy Kaling as their personal assistant.
Jon Hamm as D. Scully
Tina Fey as F. Mulder
Betty White as W. Skinner
Dorothy: Now girls, remember, look everyone over very carefully. Try to figure out who are the real guests and who are actors pretending to be guests. It will help when it comes to solving the mysteries.
Rose: Okay, Dorothy… If that’s your real name.
- The Golden Girls, 7x02 The Case Of The Libertine
Blanche: Rose, you’re about to make a great mistake. You come to me if you want advice on men. You go to Dorothy if there’s grammar you want help with.
Dorothy: You ended that sentence with a preposition just to bait me.
Blanche: What would I do that for?
- The Golden Girls, 7x13 The Pope’s Ring